Sunday, October 15, 2006

A Twat

House party in the Hove area last night. All very nice; far more enjoyable than I had anticipated; stole some beers for the walk home.

I found myself in conversation with a nameless individual (actually, he did have a name - who doesn't have name? I ask you! - I'm just choosing not to disclose it) and the subject came up, as it so frequently does these days, of the upcoming musical phenomenon that will be Bel Canto: Music Without Borders. In a painfully self-promoting kinda way, I tell him he should come down because "I guarantee the music's going to be great". His response: "How can you say that when music's so subjective?". SMUG SMARMY SELF-IMPORTANT BASTARD! It's not so much What he said as the way he said it: As if he were the first person in the world clever enough to make such an observation. Of course music's subjective
you wanker. I'm just trying to shamelessly promote my night so why not indulge me, just for a minute and then fuck off.

Lots of things are subjective. For example, compleltely inexplicable to me is the fact that people seem to like you, although nowhere near as much as you evidently like yourself.

No comments: