Friday, April 07, 2006

Victory is mine. Victory is mine. Great day in the morning, victory is mine.

"Spiteful adj. 'Vindictive in a petty way'"

Yup, that's me. My proudest moment as a journalist has arrived as I finally take the opportunity to deliver a low and completely unneccessary blow to pasty-faced, poncey arse-bandits Keane in a review, of all things, of a Dirty Vegas album. Most of you will probably be surpised that it's taken me quite so long to crowbar an assault of this nature into my work but it's such a satisfying senasation that it's been worth the wait. Particularly pleased that the term "bed-wetting" made it past the censors.

Sadly my description of the Arctic Monkeys as "miserable British fucks" did not. And the published picture that I took was captioned "Courtesy Tower Bride Exhibition". But the review itself, despite a fair mauling from the editors (which I actually can't complain too strongly about; most of the cuts were reasonable enough). The show was actually broadcast live on National Public Radio and if you'd like to give it a listen, can be found here. Enjoy

No comments: